In Ayurveda there are two basic principles, first one is that the human body and mind are complexly interconnected and the second is that the mind is the only single source which has the power to heal and transform the body. Today, the world is suffering from many lifestyle diseases because of the food habits and modern way of life. It can be controlled and cured only by practicing the principles of Ayurveda and here are some Ayurveda Digestion Secrets.
Ayurvedic treatment requires following the daily routines and taking the prescribed food to clean the internal organs and to give energy to the body. As Ayurveda explains, acquiring good health depends upon the capability to fully absorb and digest the nutritional, emotional, and sensory information we consume.
When our digestive energy called Agni (fire) is robust, there develops healthy tissues, eliminates waste products, and create a subtle crux called ‘Ojas’. Ojas, which may be envisioned as the source of the living vitality is considered as the basis of clarity of perception, physical strength and immunity.
ALSO SEE – Panchakarma Treatment & Steps and Therapies
Ayurveda says about the importance of balanced diet. A balanced diet contains six Ayurvedic tastes, that is, sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent. Including this Ayurvedic tastes in your meals helps to enhance the digestive enzymes by getting every nutrients and food groups. When you have these 6 tastes, it makes you feel satisfied and also reduces the urge to snack in-between the day time.
If our Agni is debilitated, digestion will be incomplete which results in the accumulation of the toxic substance called ‘ama’ in the body. The accumulation of ama leads to the obstruction of energy flow and nourishment which is the basis of ailment and diseases in the human body. Therefore, to have a great digestive system, one should follow these steps:
- Get up early in the morning before sunrise and drink a glass of fresh water. It results in removing the toxins from the body and makes your digestive system clean.
- Avoid eating in between snacks or any unhealthy items. Empty stomach will produce enough gastric juice which helps to digest the breakfast efficiently.
- Drink only warm water and avoid carbonated and flavored drink which upset the stomach. Warm water helps in digestion which makes you feel hungry resulting in having a satisfied lunch or breakfast.
- Sit down to eat, chew well and avoid entertainment while you eat: e.g., games, watching T.V, using cell phones or tablets and even reading. That is, our sensory organs need to feel the food we eat and should enjoy and understand each taste of the food that we intake.
- Make lunch the important meal with many dishes and make them with utmost happiness. This is because digestion is strongest at midday.
- Do not sleep during afternoon because it results in having obesity and decrease the memory power which results in having a weak body.
- Add spices to your meals like ginger, pepper, turmeric, cumin etc. This helps to increase the digestion and removes toxic substances from the body.
- Eat less and drink lots of water. Avoid eating oily and junk foods. Include maximum herbal and leafy foods to enhance your body metabolism.
- Eat food which is filled with Prana (life). That means eat food which is fresh and healthy. Avoid bad combinations that will weaken your digestive fire. That is, milk with meat, fish, eggs, bananas, fruits or beans.
- Eat fruits as dinner. Avoid heavy food and try to eat porridge, soups and fruits which digest easily and make the stomach clean at the time of sleep.
- Be alive at the 12 hour solar day. This is the time when your digestive system is active and produces the gastric juice that helps in digestion.
- Having Three Meals Daily helps in Ayurveda Weight Loss and The time schedule for having your daily food intake are
Breakfast: Between 7 and 8 am
Lunch: Between noon and 1p.m
Dinner: Before 7p.m.
- Avoid intakes of food at midnight rather drink enough water and juices if you are hungry.
- Try to take fast a few times a year. Fasting helps in detoxification and keeps the body clean and fresh.
Around 5000 years ago, before the world proved its scientific excellence, the sages in Indian subcontinent showed world the most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health system, Ayurveda. Ayurveda is a lifestyle leading to a fit and healthy life and practicing the Ayurveda Digestion Secrets can help in the modern, fast life as well.
ALSO SEE- An Ayurveda Experience in Kerala
Having a good and comfortable environment, living the life with the fullest energy and laughing till belly gets pain gives you the energy to live the life at the happiest. It will increase the energy level of the body resulting in the production of essential body nutrients making you feel fit and healthy.